As we approach the start of another New Year, no doubt you are beginning to think how you can improve and change your life. What Resolutions are you busy planning I wonder, so that you can be assured of a Very Happy New Year?
Happiness is key to all of us enjoying our lives yet it often seems to be elusive for many people. “We are as happy as we make up our minds to be”, as Abraham Lincoln said. Happiness is a decision and one that we can decide to make, almost instantly. Regardless of what is going on around us, in our personal and working lives, we can still choose to be happy.
Why would we do that if things are not looking good, you may wonder? Because we will be able to cope better in those difficult situations if we have an optimistic outlook, people will feel better around us if we are happy and most importantly, WE will feel better if we decide to be happy. Deciding to be happy, smiling and laughing, all release endorphins into our body and these ‘feel good hormones’ keep us feeling happy and healthy.
Happiness is something that most people search for and means many different things to different people. However, it is important for you to decide just what happiness means to you.
- Once you have worked out what happiness means to you, think and start to visualise how you would like things to be in the New Year.
- Ask yourself, what are the three most important changes I would like to make this year?
- Then think about how you are going to make them happen.
- If you are planning to make changes that you have tried to make before but have been previously unsuccessful, what will you do differently this time to ensure that the changes last?
- Change the way you think about the changes. If you are thinking of ‘giving up’ something, whether it is alcohol, eating too much, working too hard and so on, this is always a difficult way of making changes. Turn it around and focus on what is positive about reducing the number of hours you work, improving the quality of food that you eat, or the benefits of less or no alcohol for your health.
What have you tried and what haven’t you tried in the past? If you have always tried to make changes on your own previously, what is stopping you from investing in some external support?
Our lives are so important, investing in how you spend your time and your life should be regarded as highest priority. If you want to be happier, more optimistic and fulfilled, more in control and much less stressed, simply contact me. I have support options available at several different levels, something for everyone, from free tips to complete 3 month life changing programmes. If you want to make changes that last, let’s make it happen together.
I love to help others fulfil their potential; I have been doing it very successfully since 2003 and I know that as a result of working together your New Year 2013 will indeed be a very happy one. I look forward to hearing from you soon.